Tablet recommendations?

Kyle Smith askreet at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 18:56:56 EDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 8:15 PM, Jeffry Smith <jsmith at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> Just got our tax return back, and looking to buy a tablet, preferably
> Android.  Something in the 9-10 inch range, 32-64GB of memory.  Anyone
> have recommendations?  If so, why those?

I'll chime in with a recommendation for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1".  It's
certainly on the upper end of the price scale (got mine for $449 on sale at
BestBuy -- shop around), but it hasn't let me down yet.  Great battery life
(I've watch Netflix on it for 2-3 hours and used ~25% of the battery).
 Comes with Honeycomb but I hear rumors that ICS is in the near future.  My
main gripes about it are:

- Proprietary power connector.
- No SD card slot (At least in the WiFi model, not sure about 3G edition)

- Kyle