gnhlug-discuss Digest, Vol 68, Issue 2

Jon "maddog" Hall maddog at li.org
Tue May 15 11:37:11 EDT 2012

This sounds to me like a race condition that causes you to run out of
some critical resource while the system is starting up.

There are a lot of processes that are kicked off during start up and it
takes an abnormal amount of resources.  After you are up and running
these resources are freed up as the start-up processes die.

The resource that comes to mind is virtual memory "swap" space, and it
may be that you need to expand that, particularly on machines with
smaller amounts of main memory.

Other ideas?

md