Asus USB-BT211 / Atheros AR3011 firmware loading?

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Fri Sep 7 14:48:18 EDT 2012

Ben Scott <dragonhawk at gmail.com> writes:

> > > Although I suspect the dependencies might be... interesting.  :)
> >
> > Not as bad as you'd think.  We moved our compute nodes to the backport
> > kernel without any problems.
>
>   Compute nodes have different dependencies vs a user desktop.  :)
> Tried the new kernel.  X server broke.  :-p

Funny--the reason I use Lthe inux 3.2 package from backports is to
*make my X server work* on my laptop, and it went in with pretty
close to zero trouble. There were one or two kernel-management
packages that had updates pulled in with the new kernel, which
was mostly just something that I noticed than something I had to
deal with.

> I suspect it's an NVidia kernel module issue.  :-p

Oh, well..., that'll teach you to buy NVidia :p