Asus USB-BT211 / Atheros AR3011 firmware loading?

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 11:53:18 EDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 8:57 AM, Joshua Judson Rosen
<rozzin at geekspace.com> wrote:
>> Tried the new kernel.  X server broke.  :-p  I suspect it's an NVidia
>> kernel module issue.  :-p  Back to old kernel for now.  :)
>
> Does Xorg's `nouveau' driver support whatever card you're using?

  I tried forcing the "nouveau" driver in xorg.conf it spit out some
kind of error, although I'm not sure it was with the card in
particular.  I think it said something about DRM.  (Which I took to be
the Direct Rendering Manager, not Digital Restrictions Management.)
(I didn't save the message, unfortunately.)

  The VESA driver did work.

  The Bluetooth device also appeared to be recognized, so the problem
did go away with this newer kernel.  But I need the X server more than
I need the Bluetooth device.  :)

  NVidia can be such a pain in the butt.  :-p

-- Ben