quick review of zatab

Lloyd Kvam lkvam at venix.com
Fri Sep 28 16:22:57 EDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-09-03 at 10:44 -0400, Lloyd Kvam wrote:
> http://zareason.com/shop/zatab.html
>
> I bought a tablet from zareason and have had it for a week now.  This is
> my first Android device and I'm still learning how to use it.  I had not
> realized that it is missing:
>       * GPS
>       * Bluetooth
>
> That's not critical for me, but those are useful components.
>
> Battery life does not extrapolate to 14 hours, but the indicator could
> be wrong and my settings might need some adjustment.  The battery has
> not run out on me.
>
> It seems fairly comparable to the original iPad, but with two cameras
> and ports (USB, HDMI).  So far I'm happy with it.  I like the bigger
> screen as compared to the Nexus.

Just a bit more info:

	https://github.com/zareason/android_local_manifest
	#zareason IRC channel on freenode.net

were provided as contact references for developer news.  There is not
much visible activity, and the getting started instructions did not work
for me.  I'm not looking for help!  This was just idle curiosity.

The screen is lightly scuffed.  I did not buy a case and did not realize
the screen would suffer in my back pack.  I now keep it in the original
wrapper.  The scuffs are not visible when the screen is lit and they
have not caused me any difficulties.

cpuinfo:
Processor	: ARMv7 Processor rev 2 (v7l)
BogoMIPS	: 1001.88
Features	: swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3
CPU implementer	: 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant	: 0x3
CPU part	: 0xc08
CPU revision	: 2

Hardware	: sun4i
Revision	: 0000
Serial	 : 05c2e4b1575748488071825016236752

meminfo:
MemTotal:         833812 kB
MemFree:          405988 kB
Buffers:           21720 kB