Resume length and history

Jefferson Kirkland numberwhun at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 00:03:42 EDT 2013

Kenny:

Having been forced back into the job market back in October of last year, I
was afforded training by my last company in the most recent resume trends.

Longer is not necessarily better, and the standard these days is anywhere
from 1-3 pages, depending on the job and amount of experience that your
needing to convey.  They typically want to see the last 10 years of job
experience, if possible.

When adding a job, you should be creating each point in the job's
experience as what is referred to as a CAR statement (
http://www.careerealism.com/executive-resume-good-car/).  Doing this takes
a bit longer, but it is definitely worth it.

If you are having to redo your resume, I quite possibly still have the
resume writing guide that was provided to me.  If you wanted to borrow it,
I could bring it in to work and hand it to Paul for you, just hit me up off
list and I would be happy to let you borrow it.

Regards,

Jeff