ARTICLE - Gigabit-to-the-home for $35/mo in Vt.

bruce.labitt bruce.labitt at myfairpoint.net
Sun Apr 28 14:34:56 EDT 2013

It's amazing that they can offer that level of service for that price.  Hmm, 50x + faster for the same price I pay for fiber in Nashua.  What does it take to become an independent ISP these days?

Sent from Samsung tabletMichael ODonnell <michael.odonnell at comcast.net> wrote:
With some now ranking the US down near 30th worldwide (and
falling) in terms of fastest/cheapest Internet availability, and
with our monopolist carriers like Verizon/ComCast/Cox pretending
like it's the Natural Order for things to be the way they are as
they inflict "vertical integration" on their captive customers,
I can't decide if this makes me want to cheer or sob:

   http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2013/04/26/look-out-google-fiber-35-a-month-gigabit-internet-comes-to-vermont/