Dev Ops - architecture (local not cloud)

Greg Rundlett (freephile) greg at freephile.com
Fri Dec 6 09:31:30 EST 2013

Performance comparison:
svn checkout single repository on old infrastructure
real    5m44.100s
user    0m36.957s
sys     0m14.757s

svn checkout single repository on new infrastructure, but only using NFS
for "read" (local working copy stored on local disk)
real    3m15.057s
user    1m18.195s
sys     0m53.796s

svn checkout same repository on new infrastructure, with writes stored on
NFS volume
real    28m53.220s
user    1m45.713s
sys     3m26.948s