What are you doing for home NAS?

M D L 41magnum at liberty.eprci.com
Sun Dec 29 19:16:47 EST 2013

I've found that NFS has been sufficient for my needs at home.  I had
picked up a SuperMicro Atom motherboard (MBD-X7SPA-H-O) and used that to build a home NAS.  I didn't use FreeNAS, or any other custom distribution.  I've been running CentOS on this.  I have 4 WD black drives in a md raid-5 (3+1 spare).  Thinking of switching to the WD red drives at some point though when I need more room.  Definitely found that running jumbo frames on the ethernet side helps (9000 MTU).

Michael