grep for craigslist?

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 09:36:52 EST 2013

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 6:37 PM, David Rysdam <david at rysdam.org> wrote:
> No, I still don't get the application of the TOS. I wouldn't be signed
> up as a user or have an account or anything. It's just...out
> there. Doesn't a TOS have to be a contract between people? Just loading
> a URL does not constitute agreeing to a TOS.

  You're thinking like a reasonable human being, rather than a
money-grubbing corporate lawyer.

  They generally leverage copyright to inject the law into the
discussion (by loading a URL you're retrieving content they have a
copyright on) and from there it's a court case.  Sure, they might not
win, but are you going to go through the expense of a trial?  They're
willing to, because it's their business.  Are you?

-- Ben