Listing FOSS projects on LinkedIn?

Shawn O'Shea shawn at eth0.net
Fri Feb 22 09:24:17 EST 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 7:43 PM, Joshua Judson Rosen
<rozzin at geekspace.com>wrote:

> The question is: how do I tell that to LinkedIn?
>

> I don't use LinkedIn a lot, but I've been somewhat infrequently updating
it over the last year. When I received my CISSP certification, I wanted to
add that to my profile. I found there were sections for your profile you
can add, and Certification was one.

I just logged in, and I see a section you can add called "Projects".
Although not directly OSS project geared, it might fit better than some of
the other options. The fields they provide are:
Name
Occupation (drop down with your past work titiles but also has an Other
option)
Date
Project URL
Team Members
Description

It at least sounds better in my head than listing the OSS work as an
employer. (In a very brief search I found at least one OSS project
maintainer that uses this category this way).

-Shawn