Wi-Fi security: how do you defend against this?

Michael Lowry 41magnum at liberty.eprci.com
Fri Jan 25 15:44:34 EST 2013

You could always setup WPA2-EAP using TLS and do two way authentication.  Not for the feint of heart though as configuration is complicated. . .

I understand Windows will always try to connect to an SSID it knows (ie linksys, or HP-Setup).  Easy enough to set the BSSID (ie AP MAC address) under Network Manager to make sure you are always connecting to the same AP.

Michael