Password storage?

Tyson Sawyer tyson at j3.org
Fri Jul 19 12:33:55 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 12:19 PM, Peter M. Petrakis
<peter.petrakis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Besides the notebook next to my computer (yup I admit it!) I'm migrating
> to this, https://www.passwordcard.org/en.

If I understand correctly, that system would make brute force easy if
someone got their hands on a copy of the card and knew what to do with
it?  ...i.e. lost wallet.

With things like KeePass, the security isn't in any service.  Its in
the encryption of the database file.  You can optionally choose to use
a DropBox type file share/sync service.  ...but the security is still
in the encryption of the file, not the security of the file share
service.

I use KeePass and KeePassDroid with a cloud based file sync between devices.

Cheers!
Ty

--
Tyson D Sawyer

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent
of many bad measures.   - Daniel Webster