Crowdfunding an Ubuntu smartphone (right now)

David Rysdam david at rysdam.org
Tue Jul 30 09:23:53 EDT 2013

Chris Linstid <clinstid at gmail.com> writes:
> I really wanted to be interested and excited about it, but a phone with its
> UI coming from the folks who gave us Unity and it's $800? Uh, no thanks.

Exactly. Plus, I have not been impressed with the *computing* available
in handheld devices. Input seems to be the big problem. It's enough to
control a video or play simple games, but anything requiring more than
one finger? No way.

And I just don't get enough phone calls to need my phone to be any
smarter than have a contact list.