Presention software?

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Thu Jun 6 21:01:57 EDT 2013

So, it's been something like a million years since I gave a proper
presentation with `slides' and stuff; I have one that I want to
put together, though, now--and I... haven't the faintest idea how
people actually go about doing that, these days.

I think the last time I did this, I just wrote a bunch of HTML
with frames and ran the `slideshow' using a web browser....

What do people do, these days?

Whatever format I end up with, I'd like it to be something that
I can put on my web-site, and I'd love for it to be something
that people can view in their web-browsers.

Oh--to calibrate: I think I might be a Tufte-ian (Tufte-ite? *Tuftie*?);
going by this image...:

        http://www.edwardtufte.com/tufte/powerpoint

... and by this description:

        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_tufte#Criticism_of_PowerPoint

... though I haven't actually read Tufte's `Cognitive Style of Powerpoint'
essay, yet....