Simple but decent web composition software

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Sat Jun 8 11:17:13 EDT 2013

Every month Ineed to take the BLU meeting announcement and import it to
SharePoint (barf bucket enclosed).
I have been using LibreOffice Writer for this, but the result doers not
look good. This is for the Boston User Group announcements. In contrast
the Microsoft meetings tend to be very professional lookingsince they
are probably professionally done. The way I do this is to have
LibreOffice (or Microsoft Word) produce an html document, then I use
xclip to insert it into Sharepoint. While I have use bare html to do
this, my stuff still looks sucky. For the most part I use a template
similar to the blu.org monthly meeting web site. Actually, I think that
sharepoint has some logic that sees Linux and automatically makes it
look very amateurish. I have used Komposer before, but Komposer and
similar things are better used for maintaining web sites, not for
composing individual web pages. (Actually, GNHLUG could also post onto
Boston User Groups because GNHLUG is a member). The format I use is:
1. Header with the BLU logo (link to the logo URL), and the title
"Monthly Meeting"
2. Date/time
3,Room number with a link to the directions on the MIT web site.
4. Speakers.
5. Summary
6. Abstract
7. Optional external links.