*sigh* I guess I'm going mobile

Bruce Dawson jbd at codemeta.com
Fri Jun 14 09:47:45 EDT 2013

It is a "new thing" - I'm running a Nexus 4 with 4.2.2; kernel 3.4.0-...

When I plug in the USB, I'm given two "Connect As" choices:

 1. Media Device (MTP)
 2. Camera (PTP)

The PTP is supposedly for "older systems".

Unfortunately, my Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid) system needs non-default software
to use either method. And the bluetooth method only lets me send files
to the device!

Rather frustrating - I'm pretty sure the average user would not be able
to figure this stuff out unless they were using a windows system or a Mac.

--Bruce