DoS attacks on Healthcare.gov...

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 12:01:47 EST 2013

> I'm sure some would not be displeased to see the
> term "open source" get Embraced And Extended and
> turned into a pejorative the way "hacker" was...

the Intelligence community has had "sources" longer than the computation
community has, and they distinguish "open" vs "covert"/"secret". The
terminological collision is inevitable. ("overt action" might be more
linguistically appropriate, if that's what they mean, but bureaucrats
aren't known for that.) Combining our meaning and theirs in the "Open
Source Media" movement is confusing, since they mean *both* meanings at
once, but that's alas natural evolution.

Evidence may be appearing of SQL injection attacks, the linkned
un-confirmed image shows SQL in suggested searches on Healthcare.gov
https://twitter.com/alexhern/status/402365655250644992/photo/1
which suggests (as noted by
https://twitter.com/Green_Footballs/status/402606184277868544) that those
attacks are most popular queries ... which would seem to confirm a sig % of
traffic is adversarial.

--
Bill
@n1vux bill.n1vux at gmail.com