Raspberry Pi - wheezy / gparted

Bruce Labitt bruce.labitt at myfairpoint.net
Fri Nov 29 13:19:00 EST 2013

Having some operator error getting wheezy properly installed on an SDHC
card.

Card is recognized as /dev/mmcblk0.  Due to a botched gparted there are
multiple partitions.

Partition             FS                Mount Point

unallocated           unallocated
/dev/mmcblk0p1        fat32
/dev/mmcblk0p2        ext4 /media/bruce/gazillion_letters_and _numbers
unallocated           unallocated

How do I select the whole card - and wipe it?  It seems I can't do all
partitions at once.

Do I need a separate partition for my "data", or can I use just 1 for
the whole thing?

Initial RPI symptoms - no boot, no network.  +5V ok on board.  If
someone could get me pointed in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Bruce