X / CUDA on CentOS, multi-gpu servers

Bruce Labitt Bruce.Labitt at autoliv.com
Tue Oct 15 16:35:09 EDT 2013

Ben,

Thanks for the tutorial.

This cluster is for computation.  There are 9 Kepler GPUs in three server chasses.  They are interconnected via IB, as well as lowly Ethernet.  I have remoted into the server with a linux workstation and had no trouble having reasonable application response in the display.  Cheesy laptops with built in Intel "HD" graphics are, umm, not suitable for this kind of work.  We, and all of IT knows this.   $WORK$ is a windows shop, so I need a way to do this not just with my local Ubuntu workstation, but with computers that our users have (or will have).

On Win7, I'm having issues with XMing / PuTTY.  Putty is fine.  My xming is borked.  So I guess things are under control ;)   Uninstalling failed.  I'm trying to get some local help with that.

I have had success with XWin32 on my laptop.    But I'd like to get XMing set up on other machines so that others can have access to the cluster and its GPU goodness.

Sorry for the noise on the list -- for that I apologize.

Not 10 minutes after the OP, well..., I got my linux box to remotely run the server application.  Embarrassed.

But I have yet to get xming to work right yet.  Anyone have an XServer for windows that is idiot proof?  :P

-Bruce