SATA card-reader unusable after eject? (was: Nashua LUG and linux question)

Mac ussndmac at charter.net
Mon Oct 21 18:53:55 EDT 2013

After reading the responses here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/86019/what-is-the-difference-between-eject-and-safely-remove-device

I used the Safely Remove option: leds out. Then I unplugged the molex
power connector to the device and plugged it back in. Leds came on and
the device auto-mounted.

So, id there a command that will bring it back instead of unplugging
the power? Would prefer to keep the case closed and I don't
particularly like power plugging while up and running... ;)