ARTICLE - Fixing UNIX/Linux filenames

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Thu Oct 31 16:58:45 EDT 2013

Reminds me of this talk that Jim Meyering gave--different subject,
same terror:

        "Goodbye World!": The perils of relying on
        output streams in C

        http://www.irill.org/events/ghm-gnu-hackers-meeting/videos/jim-meyering-goodbye-world-the-perils-of-relying-on-output-streams-in-c

Yes, this is a treatise on how *hard* it is to actually write
a robust "Hello World" program that deals with all of the
errors that it could reasonably encounter at runtime.

If you'd rather just read it instead of watching the video,
here's the PDF:

        http://www.gnu.org/ghm/2011/paris/slides/jim-meyering-goodbye-world.pdf

--
"'tis an ill wind that blows no minds."