"Attention, graying geeks: Send me your BASIC memories, as the language turns 50" -- David Brooks

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Thu Apr 10 23:10:27 EDT 2014

On 2014-04-10 22:52, Curt Howland wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 7:07 PM, David Hardy <belovedbold357 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> ...while blindfolded because IT security had it as a secret route.
>
> Too bad I don't live in Nashua.
>
> I learned basic from a book, Basic BASIC, a year before I had my first
> computer.

I hear e-mail traverses regional boundaries.  Of course, if submitted
via RFC 6214's transport protocol, you'd better start soon...

(I learned BASIC on an Atari 2600.  No, really -- using one of these...
OH MY GOD IT WAS WITH THIS EXACTLY:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFo6nmVjCg4 .  Truly, the Internet is an
amazing invention.  Of course, the "keyboard" doesn't have the alpha
overlays I had, but you get the idea.)