PHP/Wordpress URL change broken

Brian Chabot brian at brianchabot.org
Mon Apr 14 11:08:36 EDT 2014

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 10:20 AM, Ted Roche <tedroche at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/14/2014 09:50 AM, Tyson Sawyer wrote:
>> Wordpress seems to embed the sites URL in EVERYTHING. WTF!  What is
>> wrong with leaving the host name out to access the files from the
>> "current host"?

Like many things in WordPress, there is a plugin for that:

http://wordpress.org/plugins/any-hostname/

>> How screwed are we?

Depends on whether the plugin uses the domain/FQDN length, etc.

> Well, if you have a clean backup from before the period that you started
> searching-and-replacing, there's a number of plugins that can do the job
> properly for you.
>
> If you don't have a backup, well.
>
> Make one now.

Seconded, emphatically.

> There are two NH groups that specialize in WordPress, one in Manchester
> (that meets tonight) and one on the seacoast. You might want to join
> their Meetups and get some expert help there.

I've never been to these, but I do have extensive experience with WP.
Feel free to ping me offlist if you need.

Brian Chabot