PHP/Wordpress URL change broken

Tyson Sawyer tyson at j3.org
Tue Apr 15 10:04:43 EDT 2014

We weighed the effort an uncertainty of "fixing" what we had with the
effort and certainty of starting over.  Then we tried a few tools for
migrating a Wordpress site's domain/host name and the plug-in that is
supposed to dynamically rewrite the domain name for multi-hosted
sites.  When none of them worked, we started over.  My wife stayed up
way too late last night, but she got most of it put back together (we
hadn't invested much in content yet).

Some of remaining remnants of the test domain were in static pages of
our own.  Those could have been fixed.  However, a couple of css files
kept getting generated with links to the old domain. I suspect that
some of you with more experience would have known just where to look,
but for us, a reboot seemed like the most sure way of making things
right.

I appreciate the help from this list.  It didn't end up pointing to a
technical solution that we used, but did help us decide how to deal
with it.

Thanks!
Ty