Is bcache ready for enterprise production?

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Fri Aug 15 11:35:48 EDT 2014

I've never used FreeNAS, but I've used ZFS quite a bit.

I've used it natively on Solaris at work and on Ubuntu with ZFS on Linux at
home.

I've been very happy with it.  There is information out there on tuning/not
tuning on Solaris.  ZFS on Linux (and BSD) has different tunings.

>From the short skim I just did on bcache and its support in CentOS 7, it
sounds like it's much less evolved then ZFS on Linux or FreeNAS.