Local inexpensive media destruction?

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Mon Dec 22 17:06:37 EST 2014

That seems pretty good.  If you have more time then $$, some things are
pretty easy.

laptop drives shatter when dropped
regular drives can take a sledge.
You can disassemble the drive & sand/grind the magnetic coating.

If you're less concerning than total destruction, there's the DBAN DVD to
write/overwrite.  I'd trust it enough with my personal quicken data, but
not someone else's (whoever my employer is).  Afterwards you could sell the
drives for upwards of $1 ea on ebay :-)

Take the bits to the metal recycling at the dump.

Some shredders can handle DVDs & CDs.

Tapes are a bit harder.