SSH authentication bypass?

Kevin D. Clark kevin_d_clark at comcast.net
Fri Jun 27 14:39:43 EDT 2014

Tom Buskey writes:

> There was a neat article in Linux Journal (?) that compared
> compression/decompression time, bandwidth, data compressibility and cpu
> speed.

Thank you very much for the very interesting article.

Back when I was playing around with the HPN SSH, I was sort-of
guessing that HPN SSH would improve my "scp" performance by making
improvements in the area of buffer-management and flow-control.  I
thought this was the most likely place where things could be improved.

   (I thought this was a reasonable guess, since I was
    copying files across an entire continent....)

Unfortunately, my initial results weren't really any different from
unpatched-SSH.  Soon afterwards I migrated to a new project where I
didn't need to use "scp" nearly as much, so I didn't get to play
around with this much more .  I would have found it interesting to
muck around in this area a bit more.  Ah, well...

The only point I'm trying to make here is that these patches are very
interesting, but they might not be a silver bullet...

Regards,

--kevin
--
alumni.unh.edu!kdc / http://kdc-blog.blogspot.com/
GnuPG: D87F DAD6 0291 289C EB1E 781C 9BF8 A7D8 B280 F24E

And the Army Ants, they leave nothin' but the bones...
   -- Tom Waits