Current call for topics response

Paul Beaudet inof8or at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 23:19:49 EDT 2014

Hey Bruce!

>> Think this was enough of a ramble... though there is more to say,
>

> >What?! And you didn't say it? Are you sure you're a GNHLUG'er!? :-)

Well, way I figure it, I lose my muggle friends to boredom when I talk
technical, maybe the inverse effect happens with tech wizard friends. That
is, loss of interest with too little technical content.

> >But seriously Paul... You put a lot of good time and effort into this,
> >so if no one else nominates you to be the group's Fearless Leader, I am
> >doing so now.

Just my share of effort in the interest of perpetuating the group. Already
have a couple causes that I'm fearlessly leading. Between my infant
business, an interest in the greater Open Source ecosystem and assisting
other NH user groups, think its safe to say, just count me as part of the
team.

> >Also to presuppose an upcoming survey, I nominate The Farm, in

>Manchester, for a meeting place.

  Ultimately, locations are up to those willing to host because of the
effort in booking and mandatory attendance. I agree The Farm is a great
location, they have graciously given ManchLUG free space in the past.
Regardless, expect other locations to be suggested that might be better
suited to more diverse crowds and event types. Have been behind the scenes
pushing the cause for a more cohesive NH tech community. Currently working
aggregating friendly meeting places into a shared resource for user groups.
Might find more attractive venues in the process.

On the topic of shared resources, may have yet to mention to the group at
large that I have been also updating a public calendar with NH Tech events.
The NH Tech event calendar can be found here- http://goo.gl/2q3vMj  Keep in
mind, in the near future, the plan is to integrate this calendar with the
Alpha Loft's calendar hosted on their site.

Paul