how dumb is this idea?

David Rysdam david at rysdam.org
Thu May 22 13:31:45 EDT 2014

Patrick Flaherty <pflaherty at wsi.com> writes:
> Have you played with portable apps (http://portableapps.com/)? Libre office
> works on windows and linux. Past that, maybe something hosted (like google
> docs, but maybe a bit more Free).

This looks interesting, but I'm having trouble turning the "helpful",
dumbed-down descriptions into something I can actually understand. Oh, I
see Linux is supported "via Wine" so I guess they do a Windows-only
installation that you can use on any other Windows computers.

That's probably not quite what I want, since I think they'd want their
local Linux version and their school Windows version of LO to be the
same for various reasons. That said, it might be the easiest way to
figure out how to get a Windows installation of LO onto a USB drive with
everything in the right dirs and everything.