how dumb is this idea?

David Rysdam david at rysdam.org
Thu May 22 14:35:55 EDT 2014

Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com> writes:
> Another option would be to export your LibreOffice Impress presentation to
> PDF, and then you can play it on any PDF Viewer.  Honestly, this is what I
> do when actually presenting slides on my Linux box -- I ask the other
> presenters to send me PDF instead of PPT.

That's what I do at work. And I guess that could work. Use LO locally at
home, via USB at school then export to PDF to hand in.

> I guess it all depends on how much you want to fight for your kids' right
> to use Linux?

Installing Windows is a non-starter for multiple reasons. That said, it
might actually be a feature that they can't work on these documents at
home very well. Encourages planning ahead to do it at school.