Parenting and PGP

David Rysdam david at rysdam.org
Sun Nov 9 20:50:44 EST 2014

Joshua Judson Rosen <rozzin at geekspace.com> writes:
> What's the right age or developmental milestone at which to introduce
> (or help them learn about--or _let_ them learn about, depending on your
> perspective...) strong crypto like GnuPG?

Isaac (7) asked me about prime numbers the other day. We talked about
them, including factorization a little and I mentioned that something
like that could form the basis of a cryptosystem. But we weren't able to
go any further as I was getting dinner ready.

I have Schieneieieienieirs _Applied Cryptography_ and Evan (15) is
"reading" it, meaning it is somewhere in the teetering pile of other
books he is also "reading".