simulating chorded keyboards

Bill Freeman ke1g.nh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 15:26:02 EDT 2014

Production is always a separate issue.  MIDI is a real possibility for
research.

A physical keyboard with capacitive switches can probably support being N
key roll over scanned by a custom micro controller code, even if the chip
the keyboard originally had doesn't support N key roll over.  The old Hall
effect switch keyboards can probably support N key rollover scanning as
well, though again, the supplied chip may not.  Keyboards using hard switch
contacts do not support N key roll over unless they also have a series
diode per key.