KVM vs ZFS

Jim McGinness jmcgnh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 17:33:27 EDT 2015

I'm interested in this topic as well.

I'm putting together a little server for a client and was originally going
to use ESXi (free) but was disappointed to learn that under ESXi using an
SSD for a host cache doesn't actually do much. I started looking at various
KVM or other virtualization possibilities with the idea that the ZFS plus
an SSD LARC2 might do what I wanted. What's considered stable? What's
considered most advanced? I've only worked with MS Virtual PC, VMware in
various stages, and VirtualBox in the past.

​ -- jmcg