What Language for a kid

Star nhstar at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 12:47:33 EST 2015

To go against the grain a little here, I'd probably recommend starting with
something a little more touchy-feely, to see if the interest persists.
Start with scratch, it's available for everything, except maybe my toaster,
but it's a little old.  If the building/seeing keeps the interest then move
into the more abstract world of scripting/coding.

Heck, my first experience was Logo on the Apple 2, but I could actually
~see~ what was going on as I learned the concepts.