Bill Sconce

maddog@li.org jonhall80 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 30 13:26:57 EST 2015

Hello all,

Bill Sconce, one of GMHLUG's longest and most righteous members had a stroke on Christmas evening.  He was operated on at Lehey Hospital in Burlington, MA and is still under sedation.  It may be weeks before he can go home.

Many of you may remember Bill as "Mr. Python", and his support of Python in specific was as strong as Free Software in general.

I have been receiving updates through mutual friends, and here is what I have on his condition:

• It wasn't a clot stroke but a bleed
• The small amount of blood that has accumulated in front of his head could just be an after-effect of surgery and not another bleed
• The midline shift of his brain has almost moved back to where it should be
• His pupils now match

so the prognosis is much better than it was at first.

I contacted Janet Levy, his wife, and she said that cards could be sent to:

Bill Sconce
P. O. Box 85, Milford, NH 03055

Janet can either take the cards to the hospital or wait until he comes home.  I am sure that he would love to hear from you.

I will send out updates to the list as I hear of things.

Warmest regards,

Jon "maddog" Hall