FYI: Comcast Metro ethernet to the home

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at hackerposse.com
Fri Jul 17 17:53:44 EDT 2015

On 2015-07-17 15:53, Matt Minuti wrote:
> If only someone offered such nice service in auburn... I'm still on 6/1 for $60...

At least you can blame your placement out in the boonies.

I'm stuck trying to do DSL over 90-year-old copper+paper+lead telephone-lines
that semiregularly require a bucket-truck visit because they've delaminated,
formed a new crack, got full of either rainwater or condensation,
and shorted themselves out... *in downtown Nashua*, because AFAICT my only
other options are Comcast cable (and I'd prefer not to do business with Comcast),
a high-latency Satellite link, or terrestrial wireless service via
one of the wireless telcos--and somehow those all seem mostly worse to me.

All *I* have to blame my situation on is my own lousy personality :)

(but, really--how come fiber is available in places like Wilton and Chichester
 before it's available in here? Is it normal for cities to be the cyber-boonies?)