Need some suggestions on a borked upgrade

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at hackerposse.com
Sun May 10 20:30:09 EDT 2015

I might actually be able to offer a solution, but not without knowing what the errors actually are.

Can you run "apt-get install -f 2>&1 | tee apt-errors.log" and post the resulting apt-errors.log file somewhere, rather than just saying that you get "an error message"?

If you're having the sort of issue where two packages both think they own the same file, "dpkg-divert" can probably help; I'm not sure whether that's the problem you're having from the description, though.