Amber screen?

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Tue Apr 26 10:40:50 EDT 2016

Okay, Stupid Geek Question Time.

I'm at the Openstack Summit, and the room is awful dark.  So I've got my
screen's backlighting down to minimum.  But someone up a few rows --
probably on a Mac, the heathen -- has his screen in WYSE/amber mode, as
far as I can tell.  (Well, okay, so the stock WYSE didn't support
graphics.  Work with me.)  Anyway, that's really cool -- both from the
"wow, I love amber WYSE screens" perspective, and from a "let's not bug
the people sitting behind me" perspective.  I've done some googling, and
haven't found anything of particular note, but I'm thinking if I could
somehow modify the color palette to just choose amber, I'd be in decent
shape.

Anyone have any ideas on how to make this happen?  Or should I give up
now and pay more attention to the keynote speaker?

Thanks,

-Ken