Manchester Linux Instalfest

Paul Beaudet inof8or at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 20:20:30 EST 2016

> Is the location on the Meetup page supposed to be hidden for people
> without Meetup accounts
> (or non logged into Meetup for whatever reason)? Is that just how Meetup
> works?
> (the location _is_ visible on the eventbrite page)

Josh,

The location on meetup should be visible.. It used to be set to a private
group because of asinine reasons around how the site works.
(group has to be private to select a consistent group photo....)
I did switch it back just for this event though so... It should be public
now,
If not anything, you are right, it should at least be visible to members of
the meetup.
I understand signing up for things which one has to remember another
password for is a stretch for some,
so I set up the eventbrite up too. :-)

Cheers
Paul
(sorry, delayed response, still digging gnhlugers out of the spam bin with
gmail)