Computer parts up for grabs (was: Motherboardectomy: how to un-bond the CPU's heatsink?)

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at hackerposse.com
Fri Jul 8 00:58:30 EDT 2016

And of course, this all raises the question...: when I get this sorted,
does anyone want the old motherboard? And how about the one that _it_ replaced? :)

The motherboard that I'm in the midst of replacing right now is a
Biostar A880GZ, micro-ATX board with an AM3+ CPU socket (for a variety of AMD CPUs).
Comes with a 4-GB DDR3 DIMM installed in one of its two RAM slots.

The motherboard that _that_ replaced is also still sitting in my study here,
and is also up for grabs: MSI RS480M2 micro-ATX socket 939. Comes with
an Athlon64 CPU, two 1-GB DDR1 DIMMs (with two more free slots).