Need advice on domain management and transfer

Greg Rundlett (freephile) greg at freephile.com
Wed Aug 9 13:21:45 EDT 2017

I would recommend that you use a different registrar (better service, nicer
interface, less cost).

If you transfer a domain to another registrar, you will have to pay for
another year, but that gets added to the current expiration.  You generally
don't want to do a transfer if the domain is about to expire in the next 60
days.

I use NameCheap (https://www.namecheap.com/domains/transfer.aspx) and they
are both good and inexpensive.

It is entirely OK to list yourself for all contacts.

The process for changing "Registrant Organization" can be a real pain.

See https://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=j3.org for info on your domain
registration.

~ Greg

Greg Rundlett