Seacoast area User Groups

Steve Noel noel at stevenoel.com
Fri Dec 8 12:04:14 EST 2017

Hi everyone,

TL;DR : Portsmouth-based Sysadmin/ITSecurity user group reaching out to both spread the word (and encourage new membership) and looking for a speaker January 17th meeting on open source security tools.

I've been a member of the Seacoast LUG for years but haven't seen any activity lately.  I reached out to Ted Roche to talk about co-meeting with our Portsmouth-based Sysadmin user group SEA-TUG (sea-tug.com).

While we're not primarily Linux-focused, we all use Linux at our day jobs and/or at home.  This is a good opportunity for people to network with local peers.  We typically get 25-30 members to attend meetings.

We've recently had success hosting crossover meetings with the NH ISSA chapter (isssanh.org) and for our January meeting we'd like to discuss open source security tools like Security Onion (Bro, Elsa, Snort), QRadar Community Edition, or SIEMonster, or any other number of tools.

If anyone is interested in presenting at the meeting (note this is not intended to be a sales opportunity) I'd love to chat.  Even if you're not interested in speaking, please consider yourself invited to attend.  We have a Meetup page at meetup.com/sea-tug.

Thanks,

Steve