"investigator hackers"?

David Rysdam david at rysdam.org
Wed Feb 15 09:30:13 EST 2017

A friend-of-a-friend is having trouble online. Someone is posting fake
reports on various sites, maybe stalking. I don't know the details, but
what I heard didn't sound actionable-by-the-police.

Our common friend asked me if anything like an "investigator hacker"
existed that could look into these things, trace it back, send take-down
requests, etc.

I don't particularly want to get involved myself, but I did say it
sounded like a pretty lucrative (although possibly not that effective)
business plan. Has anyone else heard of something like this?