[Discuss] Any miners?

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 18:12:32 EDT 2017

Bitcoin initially did not require specialized hardware, but as new golden
hashes get harder to find, mining costs more in electricity and
depreciation without speciality gear (or a huge BITNET running for free).
If scarcity drives up BTC value, maybe, but odds of finding one still
declining as payoff increases. I haven't checked the calculation lately, it
would be a good exercise: what would an AWS VPS mining cluster big enough
to average 1 BTC mined per week cost to operate?

Which if any of the alt-coins have legit upside is not yet clear, and the
most likely of them already requires a cluster and has had its first major
scam.

/ bill