[Discuss] Any miners?

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at hackerposse.com
Sun Jun 18 13:03:29 EDT 2017

On 06/16/2017 06:12 PM, Bill Ricker wrote:
> Bitcoin initially did not require specialized hardware, but as new golden hashes get harder to find, mining costs more
> in electricity and depreciation without speciality gear (or a huge BITNET running for free). If scarcity drives up BTC
> value, maybe, but odds of finding one still declining as payoff increases. I haven't checked the calculation lately, it
> would be a good exercise: what would an AWS VPS mining cluster big enough to average 1 BTC mined per week cost to operate?

IIRC Amazon asks the purpose of your cluster before they rent it to you;
do they accept bitcoin-mining? And do they report you to the IRS/SEC? ;)

--
Connect with me on the GNU social network: <https://status.hackerposse.com/rozzin>
Not on the network? Ask me for an invitation to the nhcrossing.com social hub!