Need to copy a 200GB directory

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Mon Jun 26 15:18:15 EDT 2017

200 GB on locally mounted filesystems just isn't all *THAT* much.  I'm
not quite sure how you'd use 'dd', but cp or rsync should do the trick
just fine.  Note that rsync has the added benefit of being able to,
essentially, start from where you failed -- but I usually reserve that
for network file transfers that take long enough I'm worried a brownout
or something might interrupt it.

$.02,

-Ken