Linux for time lapse and wifi?

Mark Komarinski mkomarinski at wayga.org
Wed Jun 28 11:01:05 EDT 2017

I'm not near my system to look at it, but OctoPI drives 3D printers and it has time-lapse camera recording.  I think it uses an external app to do that but it'll take the snapshots and assemble them into a movie.  You can also get a live feed via the network.
(Sorry for top-posting, mobile)
-------- Original message --------From: Richard Kolb II <richard.kolb at gmail.com> Date: 6/28/17  10:31 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: GNHLUG <gnhlug-discuss at mail.gnhlug.org> Subject: Linux for time lapse and wifi?
Hello all,
I'm looking into using a pine a64 running ubuntu mate to setup a time lapse photo using a standard digital camera controlled over USB. I haven't done a ton of research into it yet, but I wanted to see if anyone else has done something similar and had some advice/opinions. I was thinking of setting this up first as a way to capture an event going on, and second as a wildlife/security camera.
I'm also thinking about using it as a wifi access point, the location that it'll be installed, a remote house in Maine, will have a dsl connection, but right now I don't have a wireless router, and since I have this handy I thought I'd take advantage.
Thanks,
Richard Kolb