a little help with MBR stuff please

Lloyd Kvam lkvam at venix.com
Thu Nov 30 17:27:09 EST 2017

The MBR points to the boot loader, presumably GRUB in your Ubuntu boot partition. If
you can boot Ubuntu, this part is done and works.

You need to configure GRUB to know about the Windows partitions.

I have not used dual boot in many years; virtualization is more convenient. You
should be able to search out the GRUB configuration stuff. If this is current Ubuntu,
you are using GRUB2. The rules and configuration are totally different from the old
GRUB 1. Make sure you are using the right documentation.