Suggestions: Job boards, listings, contacts? for Senior Technical Writer

Alan Johnson alan at datdec.com
Tue Sep 19 17:32:45 EDT 2017

Back when I worked for one of the top recruiting companies, the industry
experts there said indeed.com and simplyhired.com were the top resume
posting services.  A founder that left after an acquisition started
startwire.com and based on what I know him, I would also investigate that
tool if I were looking.

At my current job, we hire a lot of people, including technical writers,
through CyberCoders and the comments from the hiring managers are generally
very positive.

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 3:35 PM, Ted Roche <tedroche at gmail.com> wrote:

> Slightly off-topic, your indulgence please.
>
> A friend of a friend  finds themselves at the end of 30+ year career
> in a new of a new position. Highly skilled technical writer, worked in
> several of the well known high-tech firms. Needs a new placement,
> full-time, part- or contractual.
>
> I don't know where I should suggest she look, besides the usual
> platitudes of "call all your contacts and exercise your networks,"
> which she's already working.
>
> Any suggestions for online services worth the effort, or does anyone
> know anyone looking?
>
> --
> Ted Roche
> Ted Roche & Associates, LLC